Tampa Personal Injury LawyerGet a Free Consultation
If you are injured by another person, the Tampa personal injury lawyers at Vanguard Attorneys can help.
Our lawyers can represent your lawsuit against the at-fault party, helping you hold the defendant accountable and secure the compensation that you deserve.
Why Choose Vanguard Attorneys For Your Tampa Personal Injury Case
- Our personal injury attorneys have decades of combined experience in personal injury law. We are dedicated to achieving the highest possible settlement in your case, and we are not afraid to take your case to trial.
- Vanguard Attorneys is a smaller personal injury law firm that provides personalized attention and dedication to each of our clients. Your lawyer will be available throughout your case to answer any questions and respond to your concerns.
- To make legal representation more accessible, our legal team takes all cases on a contingency fee basis. If you do not recover compensation in your claim, you will not be charged legal fees.
Meet the Team at Vanguard Attorneys
Vanguard Attorneys stands for victory. With over a decade of experience, our team of Tampa personal injury lawyers is dedicated to fighting for justice on behalf of clients who have been wrongly injured in accidents. Founded over 10 years ago, our firm has earned a reputation for our intense commitment to getting our clients the justice they deserve.
Our legal staff consists of experienced trial lawyers and litigators, each committed to excellence and achieving successful outcomes. Together, we have secured millions of dollars in recoveries for our clients.
- Karina Perez Ilić: Attorney Ilić is a skilled litigator with a diverse background in civil litigation, specializing in workplace accidents, contracts, commercial disputes, premises liability, and motor vehicle accidents in Tampa. As Managing Attorney at our personal injury law firm, Karina is devoted to providing superior service and securing the highest compensation for each client.
- Silvia Amador Brett: Attorney Brett is a fearless advocate for injured Florida residents, specializing in personal injury protection, motor vehicle accidents, and fraud investigation.
- Jenna Sutter: Attorney Sutter comes from a family of personal injury lawyers, graduating magna cum laude from the Burnett Honors College at the University of Central Florida.
- Grace Altieri: With over 30 years of experience, Grace Altieri joined Vanguard Attorneys in 2014 as an experienced Florida registered paralegal. She provides invaluable assistance to our team of Tampa personal injury attorneys, ensuring that our legal services are of the highest quality.
When you choose Vanguard Attorneys, you’re choosing a team that will stand by you every step of the way, working diligently to help you get your life back on track and secure the justice you deserve.
- $3.8M Motorcycle Accident: Our client, riding a motorcycle, was struck by a negligent automobile driver.
- $2.25M Car Accident: Case settled for $2.25 million after the defense initially offered $10,000, attempting to lowball our client.
- $1.2M Car Accident: We recovered $1.2 million for a truck driver despite only $600,000 of available insurance.
- $1M Wrongful Death: A delivery driver neglected to see our client while turning at an intersection, tragically resulting in our client’s death.
- $1M Slip and Fall: Obtained a settlement of over $1 million against one of the largest department stores in the United States.
Contact Vanguard Attorneys Today
If you’ve been injured due to the negligence of another, don’t hesitate to reach out. Our team at Vanguard Attorneys is here to provide you with the legal guidance and support you need during this challenging time. Schedule a free consultation today to discuss your case and learn how we can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Navigate This Page
- Why You Need a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Much Compensation Can You Recover for a Personal Injury Claim?
- Are You Eligible for a Personal Injury Claim?
- How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
- Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
- Common Injuries in Personal Injury Lawsuits
- What to Do After an Unexpected Injury
- How to Prove a Tampa, Florida Personal Injury Lawsuit
- How Comparative Negligence Could Affect Your Claim
- Insurance Claims and Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Contact Our Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys
Why You Need a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are injured in an unexpected accident, you need a lawyer who can advocate for your right to maximum compensation and secure the settlement that you deserve. Hiring a Tampa personal injury lawyer from Vanguard Attorneys can deliver important benefits to your claim, such as the following.
- Your attorney will have extensive experience handling similar claims and can guide you through each stage of the litigation process. He or she will leverage extensive resources, skills, and knowledge to craft a compelling Tampa injury case in your favor.
- Your lawyer will have experience negotiating with defense attorneys and insurance companies. He or she can represent you during all important conversations, advocating aggressively for your right to compensation.
- The aftermath of a personal injury can be painful, making it difficult to handle a lawsuit without assistance. Your lawyer can help you prepare for each stage of your claim, answering all questions and handling all aspects of your case on your behalf.
- You may need additional assistance proving complex parts of your personal injury case. Your attorney will have access to a wide network of expert witnesses that he or she can enlist to support your Tampa injury case, such as medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer?
Many people do not secure legal representation because of the perceived costs. Legal fees can be expensive and few people can afford to pay an attorney out of pocket. It can be even more difficult to afford these costs following a recent injury.
Vanguard Attorneys understand the financial hardship that personal injury victims face. That is why we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee agreement. In fact, many personal injury law firms also operate on a contingency fee basis.
Under a contingency fee agreement, you will not pay any legal fees unless your attorney secures a financial settlement in your case. If your lawyer does recover compensation, he or she will take a percentage of your award as payment, limiting your out-of-pocket commitment.
You will agree to the terms of the payment before you choose to hire your lawyer. If you are concerned about the cost of hiring a personal injury attorney, schedule a free consultation with our law firm. We will gladly discuss our typical payment arrangement and help you understand your legal options.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover for a Personal Injury Claim?
An unexpected accident can have a significant impact on your life, and it can be difficult to recover from these losses without financial support. By filing a personal injury lawsuit, you can secure the settlement that you need to recover from these losses.
Under Florida law, you have the right to recover two forms of compensation: economic and non-economic. While economic damages involve your financial damages, non-economic refer to your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
Examples of damages available in Florida personal injury claims include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Property damage
- Chronic pain
- Permanent disability
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
A personal injury settlement depends heavily on the individual losses that you experienced. It can be difficult to calculate the full extent of your settlement without assistance, especially for future and intangible expenses. An injury attorney in Tampa can identify all potential avenues to compensation on your behalf and estimate your potential award, helping you avoid an insufficient offer.
Are You Eligible for a Personal Injury Claim?
People are injured every day across the state of Florida due to acts of violence, unintentional accidents and dangerous products. In many cases, another person’s actions cause harm to others, resulting in severe injuries and significant losses. In these situations, the victims may be eligible for financial compensation.
A personal injury occurs when you sustain an injury to your body or mind. In Florida, you can file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court if you are injured due to another person’s negligent actions. Through your claim, you can recover compensation in the form of damages for the losses that you experienced.
To secure a settlement in your case, you will need to prove that the at-fault party’s actions caused your accident and resulting injuries. In these situations, you need an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney on your side who can represent your best interests and advocate aggressively for your right to compensation.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
According to Florida law, you must file a personal injury lawsuit within four years of the accident. If you do not meet this filing deadline, the court will likely dismiss your case, preventing you from recovering the settlement that you deserve.
While there are some exceptions to the statute of limitations, they are not always common. In these situations, it is important to speak to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible and identify your appropriate filing deadline.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
At Vanguard Attorneys, our experienced Tampa personal injury lawyers handle a wide range of personal injury claims. Examples of personal injury cases that we handle include the following:
- Car accidents
- Product liability
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
If you are unsure whether you qualify for a personal injury claim, schedule a consultation by calling our Tampa law office at (813) 680-2007. Our Tampa bay personal injury attorneys can evaluate your personal injury case and help you understand your legal options for financial compensation.
Don’t wait to seek the justice you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation and let us fight for your rights
Common Injuries in Personal Injury Lawsuits
Personal injury victims often suffer from painful and sometimes debilitating harm, which can require extensive medical care. Depending on the cause and severity of the accident, you can suffer one or more of the following injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Cuts and abrasions
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Facial injuries
- Burn injuries and scarring
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
What to Do After an Unexpected Injury
An unexpected injury can have a major impact on your life. In these situations, it is important to remain calm and seek help as soon as possible. Go to the hospital and receive emergency medical attention. Call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement.
Once you receive the care that you need, begin collecting evidence to support your future claim. Gather physical evidence such as broken possessions and torn clothing. Collect documents like medical records, medical bills, correspondence with your employers, and any photographs or videos that you take at the scene of the accident.
Once you gather all available evidence, contact a personal injury lawyer from Vanguard Attorneys as soon as possible. Your Tampa personal injury attorney will then conduct a full investigation into your accident and help gather additional evidence to support your case, such as testimonies from expert witnesses.
You should also consider keeping a journal following your accident. Each day, write how the accident has impacted your life physically, socially, financially, and emotionally. You could use these entries as valuable evidence to prove your personal injury case, helping establish the pain and suffering that you experienced.
How to Prove a Tampa, Florida Personal Injury Lawsuit
In Florida, most personal injury claims rely on the presence of negligence. The defendant must act in a way that breaches an applicable duty of care and causes injury as a result. If you can establish the defendant’s negligence, you could likely recover compensatory damages in your claim.
There are four important elements that you must prove in order to recover a settlement in a Florida personal injury claim.
Duty of Care
The at-fault party owed you a duty of care at the time of the injury. For example, if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, the driver has a duty to drive safely and follow applicable traffic laws.
Breach of Duty
The at-fault party must breach his or her duty through a negligent act or failure to act. For example, drivers who run red lights or drive under the influence of drugs break Florida law and therefore breach their duty of care.
The at-fault party’s negligence caused your accident and the personal injury that you sustained. You must prove that you would not have experienced this harm if not for the actions of the at-fault party. Evidence like surveillance footage, medical records, and witness statements can help establish causation.
You sustained economic and non-economic damages in the accident that you can claim in your lawsuit. Evidence such as invoices, pay stubs, medical records, and testimony from expert witnesses can help prove your right to damages.
How Comparative Negligence Could Affect Your Claim
It is very common for defendants to reduce their liability by claiming that the plaintiff was partially responsible for the accident. For example, another driver could testify that you were talking on the phone before the collision, or a property owner may claim that your inappropriate footwear caused your fall.
If the court accepts the defendant’s claim, however, your award could be at risk. According to Florida’s pure comparative negligence laws, the court will reduce your final settlement by the amount of liability that you share.
For example, say that you are injured when you slip and fall at a grocery store. The store owner claims that you were partially responsible for the accident because you were texting before the accident and failed to see the spill.
The court agrees and assigns you 20% of the liability. If you ask for a $40,000 settlement amount, you will receive $32,000. Because Florida is a pure comparative negligence state, you are allowed to recover damages even if the court finds you to be 99% liable for the accident.
Insurance Claims and Personal Injury Lawsuits
Many personal injury lawsuits also qualify for insurance claims, such as those involving car accidents or injuries on someone’s property. In these situations, you may wonder which compensation pathway you should choose. While both types of claims result in compensation, these processes follow different rules and may yield different outcomes.
For example, Florida is a no-fault car insurance state. If you are injured in a car accident, you could pursue compensation by filing a claim against your own personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. However, you can only recover compensation for your financial losses, not your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
You could pursue compensation for all of your damages by filing a third-party insurance claim with the driver’s insurance company as long as your injuries meet certain criteria. You could also recover full compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the driver instead.
Many personal injury lawsuits begin as insurance claims and progress to the courtroom if the claim is unsuccessful or yields an insufficient settlement. However, there are certain situations where you may want to pursue litigation from the beginning. A Tampa personal injury attorney can help you determine which legal pathway is right for you and handle all communication with the insurance company.
Contact Our Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys
A personal injury can have a significant impact on your life. If you are injured due to another person’s negligence, you deserve justice. In these situations, the Tampa personal injury lawyers at Vanguard Attorneys can help you secure the settlement that you deserve.
Our personal injury firm can represent your personal injury lawsuit in Florida civil court and advocate aggressively for your right to maximum recovery. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your legal options with a Tampa personal injury attorney.