Tampa Premises Liability LawyerRequest Free Consultation
At Vanguard Attorneys, our Tampa premises liability attorneys can help you file an injury claim against the at-fault individual or entity. Our legal team of premises liability attorneys will do everything possible to obtain the fair compensation you need to pay for medical care, physical therapy, and other injury-related costs. By making efficient use of the latest technology, our approach to personal injury law is streamlined and effective.
As our premises liability client, you may also benefit from the following:
- Personalized attention made possible by a small caseload
- Spanish-speaking services
- Step-by-step guidance during the claims-filing process
To retain experienced legal counsel, call our Tampa premises liability lawyers at Vanguard Attorneys right away!
Navigate This Page
- Why Choose Our Premises Liability Attorneys
- Our Tampa Case Results
- What Compensation is Available in Florida Premises Liability Cases?
- How Long Do You Have to File a Premises Liability Lawsuit?
- Proving Fault in a Premises Liability Claim
- Types of Premises Liability Cases Our Team Handles
- What to Do After an Accident on Someone’s Property
- Schedule Your Free Case Consultation with a Tampa Premises Liability Attorney
Why Choose Our Premises Liability Attorneys
- Our Tampa personal injury attorneys have decades of combined experience fighting for the rights for our clients. We have the skills and experience necessary to hold property owners accountable.
- We are a smaller personal injury law firm with diverse leadership. We have access to resources that other personal injury law firms do not due to our relationships throughout the local community.
- We take all cases on a contingency fee basis. You will only be charged legal fees if we secure a financial settlement in your premises liability case.
Our Tampa Case Results
- $1M in a slip and fall case against one of the largest department stores in the United States
- $100K in a premises liability case that result in serious injuries to the client’s neck and back
What Compensation is Available in Florida Premises Liability Cases?
Through a premises liability lawsuit, you can recover compensation for the losses that you sustained due to the accident. These may include economic damages, like medical treatment, property damage, or lost wages. You could also claim compensation for your non-economic damages, which involve your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
If you plan on filing a claim, you are probably wondering how much compensation you can expect to receive. Damages in premises liability claims depend on a number of factors, such as the following.
- Insurance policy limits
- Your ability to work
- The severity of your injuries
- The need for long-term medical care or accommodations
A Tampa premises liability lawyer from Vanguard Attorneys can evaluate your claim and identify all potential avenues to compensation. Your attorney will then provide you with the estimated value of your premises liability award. Using this information, you can evaluate potential settlement offers and determine if they are sufficient enough to meet your present and future needs.
How Long Do You Have to File a Premises Liability Lawsuit?
If you believe that you qualify for a premises liability claim, it is important to act quickly. A premises liability claim is a type of personal injury action. According to the Florida statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits, you must file this type of claim within four years of the accident date.
It is very important to meet this deadline. If you file after the statute of limitations expires, the court will likely dismiss your case, preventing you from recovering a settlement. There are certain exceptions to this rule, but you will need to speak to a Tampa premises liability attorney to determine if you qualify.
Proving Fault in a Premises Liability Claim
Each state has its own premises liability laws. Under Florida law, the following factors need to be proven before a premises liability claim can be considered valid:
- The condition which caused the injury posed a reasonable danger for injury
- The occupier or property owner should have known about the hazard
- The occupier or property owner’s negligence cause the victim to suffer injuries
If you have been injured on private or public property, you are probably dealing with a great deal of pain. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be unable to work for some time. Property owners are expected to maintain a safe environment for visitors and use reasonable care. Those who do not may be held accountable for negligence when unsafe or dangerous conditions lead to injuries.
Types of Premises Liability Cases Our Team Handles
There is a wide range of dangerous property conditions that can cause a guest to suffer serious and, in the worst cases, fatal injuries. At Vanguard Attorneys, our Tampa premises liability lawyers handle various cases including those involving:
- Electrocution injuries
- Amusement park injuries
- Swimming pool accidents or drowning accidents
- Dog bites and attacks
- Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents
- Exposure to hazardous irritants and toxic fumes
- Negligent security
Because we know these types of cases can create serious hardships for a victim and his or her entire family, we offer free initial consultations to our prospective clients. This first step allows us to better understand the unique needs of our clients and answer their questions. With 90 years of combined experience to our name, we are committed to protecting your rights, from start to finish. Our personal injury law firm is driven by a desire to secure justice for the injured men and women who seek our help.
To learn about how we can help after the unsafe condition of a property contributed to or caused your serious injuries, contact a Tampa premises liability attorney at our law office today.
What to Do After an Accident on Someone’s Property
An accident on someone else’s property can be a scary and overwhelming event. In these situations, it is important to stay calm, seek help, and document evidence, if you are able. Take the following steps after the accident to protect yourself and your future claim.
- Call 911 for emergency medical services. File a report with the responding law enforcement officer. If you are injured at a store or other commercial property, file an incident report.
- Seek medical attention and save all records related to your injuries and treatment. Always go to the doctor, even if you do not feel hurt.
- Document evidence by taking as many photographs and videos as possible. Ask any witnesses in the area for their contact information.
After you receive medical care, contact a premises liability lawyer to discuss your case. Do not speak to an insurer or insurance company adjuster before consulting with an attorney.
Schedule Your Free Case Consultation with a Tampa Premises Liability Attorney
If you are injured in an accident on someone else’s property, you may be eligible for financial compensation. In these situations, the lawyers at Vanguard Attorneys can represent your premises liability accident claim and guide you through the legal process.
To learn about how we can help, contact a Tampa premises liability attorney at our office today. Our personal injury law firm is located in the Ybor City Historic District off of Nuccio Parkway and East 5th Ave. We proudly serve all of Florida, including Tampa, Brandon, Riverview and Town ‘n’ Country.
“Vanguard Attorneys went above and beyond with my injury claim. They checked up on me regularly and made sure I was receiving proper treatment and care throughout my ordeal.”
– Jean Philippe Douillard