Tampa Lyft and Uber Accident LawyerGet a Free Consultation
Uber and Lyft have become a popular option for residents of Tampa. If you are injured in a rideshare accident, the rideshare lawyers at Vanguard Attorneys can represent your insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our Tampa rideshare accident attorneys will guide you through each step of the claims process so that you recover the settlement that you deserve. Call (813) 471-4444 for a free consultation.
Florida law requires Uber and Lyft to carry auto insurance policies in case of an accident. If you’re involved in an accident as an Uber driver or passenger, you may be entitled to compensation. These insurance requirements also apply to other ridesharing companies, like Lyft.
Why Choose Vanguard Attorneys Uber Accident Lawyers
- Our Tampa personal injury attorneys are dedicated to securing the highest possible settlement on your behalf. We will advocate aggressively for your best interests.
- Our firm is made up of diverse and talented leadership. Our attorneys have received multiple awards and recognitions, including Super Lawyers’ Rising Star designation.
- Vanguard Attorneys take all cases on a contingency fee basis. If we do not recover a settlement on your behalf, you will not need to pay legal fees.
Causes of Uber Accidents
Uber accidents can occur for several reasons, including poor weather, low visibility, and defective vehicle parts. In many cases, driver negligence is responsible.
Common causes of Uber accidents and Lyft accidents include:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Running a red light
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
Legal Options for Lyft/Uber Accident Victims in Tampa
Florida is a no-fault state when it comes to car accidents and requires all drivers to carry personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. If you are injured in a collision, you can recover compensation by filing a first-party insurance claim. You could also pursue a third-party claim or lawsuit under certain circumstances.
Uber drivers and Lyft drivers have different insurance requirements. Personal car insurance policies often deny coverage if a driver is using the vehicle for commercial purposes. As a result, Florida requires rideshare companies to provide the following amounts of insurance to their drivers.
Florida Insurance Requirements for Uber and Lyft
- If a Lyft driver or Uber driver is using the app, but is not driving a passenger at the time of the accident, the company must provide at least $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 in bodily coverage per accident, and $25,000 for property damage.
- If the driver has a passenger in the vehicle or is on the way to pick up a passenger, the company must provide up to $1 million in coverage for bodily injury and property damage.
If you were injured in an Uber accident, there are multiple ways to pursue compensation.
For example, if you are a passenger in the vehicle and the accident is caused by the Uber driver, you could file a claim under Uber’s insurance policy.
The car accident lawyers at Vanguard Attorneys will evaluate your case and help you win compensation for your injuries.
Call for a Free Consultation with a Tampa Uber Accident Lawyer or Lyft Accident Attorney
If you are injured in an Uber accident in Tampa, FL, the Lyft and Uber accident lawyers at Vanguard Attorneys can help you recover the compensation that you deserve.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation with our Uber accident lawyers and Lyft accident attorneys.