video calls availableFree Consultation
Get a Free Consultation
Florida Attorneys Karina Perez Ilić and Silvia Amador Brett sitting at table in front of red brick wall

What organization should you contact if you feel your healthcare provider is guilty of malpractice?

Get a Free Consultation

If you feel your healthcare provider has acted negligently or unethically in a way that harmed you, you should contact The American Medical Association.

The AMA is the main professional association for physicians and medical students in the United States. Part of their role is to uphold ethics and standards within the medical profession.

You should also contact a medical malpractice lawyer. A medical malpractice lawyer will help determine if you have a valid medical malpractice claim.

Call (813) 471-4444 for a free consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer at Vanguard Attorneys.

We’ll review the details of your case and provide legal guidance to protect your rights and win compensation for your injuries.

Healthcare provider guilty of malpractice

Other Organizations to Contact

You can also consider contacting:

  • Your state’s medical board – Every state has a medical board that oversees the licensing and discipline of physicians and other healthcare professionals. You can file a complaint with your state’s medical board detailing what happened and they will investigate.
  • Your state’s department of health – Most states have a department of health that may also accept complaints about healthcare providers. They work to ensure standards of care are being met.
  • Relevant professional organizations – Such as the American Nurses Association. You can contact the organization the provider belongs to file a complaint.
  • Hospital or clinic administration – If the provider works as part of a larger hospital system or clinic, you can contact their administration or patient relations department to file a grievance.

The most important step is to gather all relevant documentation including medical records and a clear timeline of what occurred. This will strengthen your complaint and any potential legal case.


Florida Bar. Medical Malpractice.

American Medical Association. AMA Patient Support Advocacy.