Seat Belt Malfunctions Cause Thousands of Fatalities Each YearRequest Free Consultation
Seat belts save thousands of lives each year, but only when they function properly. Our accident lawyers in Tampa know that for as many people as they save, there are still thousands of people who are injured or lose their lives as a result of a seat belt malfunction.
Seat Belt Defects
Common seat belt defects may include:
- Lap-only designs
- Door mounted belts
- Seat belt retractor failure
- Material or weaving defects
- Poor design
- False latching
- Inertial unlatching
Signs a Seatbelt May be Defective
- A seat belt is torn or damaged after an accident
- A passenger wearing a seat belt suffers injuries in an accident with little damage to the vehicle
- A passenger wearing a seat belt hits the windshield or is ejected from the vehicle during an accident
- An injured passenger is unbelted during an accident when they were belted prior to the collision
- More than one seat-belted passenger suffers serious injury in an accident
Seatbelt Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has reported that of the 23,824 passenger vehicle occupants killed in 2020, 51% were not wearing seat belts — a 4% increase from 2019. Seat belt use rate in 2021 was roughly 90.4%. Experts have found that seat belt failure is one of the leading cases of serious injury in rollover accidents.
Vanguard Attorneys Specializes in Seat Belt Failure Cases
The Tampa personal injury lawyers at Vanguard Attorneys specialize in handling car accident cases involving seat belt malfunctions. When handling car accident cases, we utilize the testimony of expert witnesses in order to prove your case. With more than 90 years of combined experience and a history of satisfactory results, we know what it takes to prove even the most complex cases. By utilizing efficient and cutting-edge legal strategies, we are able to maximize our clients’ recoveries and secure favorable results both outside and inside of court. If you’ve been hurt, now is the time to give us a call. Don’t put just any attorney on your side – turn to a team you can trust!
To get in touch with a member of the team at Vanguard Attorneys, please contact us at (813) 471-4444.