Brandon Train Accident LawyerGet a Free Consultation
Statistics from the National Safety Council report 954 railroad deaths in 2022. Based on Federal Railroad Administration statistics, Florida ranks fourth in the number of railroad collisions by state in 2022. Train companies have a duty to maintain and operate their trains to keep others safe from harm. When a train owner or operator’s breach of their duty causes an accident, they can be held legally responsible for the resulting injuries and damages. If you or a family member has been injured or you have lost a family member in a train accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your damages. You should speak to an experienced train accident lawyer for more information about your legal rights. Vanguard Attorneys can help you understand your legal position and make a claim for your damages.
- At Vanguard Attorneys, we have decades of experience handling personal injury claims, including many complex railroad and train accident cases. Our clients trust us to maximize compensation for catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths.
- Our Brandon personal injury lawyers have knowledge, resources, and a level of commitment to our clients that can’t be matched by other firms. We level the playing field against powerful railroads and insurance companies.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a train accident, contact us for a free consultation and case evaluation. Call (813) 680-2007 today to schedule your free consultation.
Common Causes of Train Accidents
Common causes of train accidents fall into three broad categories: human error, equipment failure, or poor track condition.
- Human error: train operator negligence including speeding, distraction, failure to obey signals, intoxication, unsafe cargo loading
- Equipment failure: faulty brakes, track switch malfunction, signal defects, train derailment
- Track condition: failure to maintain trains, tracks, faulty crossing signals, gates, lighting, and poor weather conditions
Our attorneys understand the complexities of train accidents and we leave no stone unturned when investigating your train accident case. We hire respected rail operations experts to recreate crashes and uncover the cause of the crash.
Who Can Be Held Liable?
A train crash can involve multiple parties, which can make determining liability a complex process. Some of the parties that can be held liable in a train accident include:
- Railroad companies
- Train operators
- Maintenance companies
- Manufacturers of trains and train components
- The municipality where the train accident occurred
- Other drivers or road users involved in the crash who may have played in part in causing the accident
An experienced train accident lawyer will determine who may be liable in your case and the extent to which they are liable, and pursue compensation for your damages.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Train Accident?
If you have been involved in a train accident, your damages will depend on the specific facts of your case. However, your damages may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your lawyer will help you identify and value your damages so that you are fully and fairly compensated.
How Can a Brandon Train Accident Lawyer Help?
A Brandon train accident lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal process of getting compensation for the damages you suffer in a train accident. Our Brandon train accident lawyers will conduct a thorough independent investigation, build the strongest case possible under state and federal laws, negotiate with insurance companies, and fight for the maximum damages you deserve.
Contact a Brandon Train Accident Attorney Today
If you are injured in a train accident, the Brandon train accident lawyers at Vanguard Attorneys can help. Our attorneys can represent you and help you secure compensation for your damages. Call us today at (813) 680-2007 to schedule a free case consultation with a Brandon car accident lawyer.